"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

March 24, 2014

Position Update

Lately, momentum has really gotten smoked.  The market continues to position defensively and a ton of stocks that look promising are failing.  To me, this is a great time to do research, study mistakes and develop my trading craft.  That said, let's take a look. 




I wanted to hold FSPM as it appeared headed to 10-12 but it broke key support so it just seemed smart to dump it.  It rode up the underside of the trendline for a couple of days where I could have gotten a better price


I originally decided to ignore my stop in AWAY just because of option positioning.  It barely held the 50D and finally broke away on Friday.


UVXY tried to break below support last week, but it quickly reversed higher.  I bought it on Tuesday and then more on Wednesday with a 66.70 average.  I'm holding it as insurance as the probability of a short term pullback / volatility is high.


UPL - still holding this vs 23 and watching the LT resistance


HZNP - what a beast.  This stock continues to have one of the largest supply demand imbalances I've ever seen.  At the same time, I don't ever like seeing price treating the upper bollinger band as support.

EDIT: just after the open this started breaking the rising trend over the bollinger band, so I sold it at 16.60 and change this AM.  Of course I tweeted live on twitter/stocktwits.  The trend broke and we got confirmation shortly thereafter.  I just assumed it'd confirm because of how euphoric the daily chart was and how biotechs were trading.



IRBT is starting to look very suspect short term.  I'll continue to hold vs 39.


VIMC - This one continues to just trend higher.  Still sitting and waiting in it.  



VRA - stretched past the initial stop area, but I couldn't sell it.  There is just so much short interest (50% or so) and the intermediate trend is just now turning up.  I couldn't sell it.  I lucked out; now there's an area to trade against at 26.  


Good luck out there!

Reminder:

All ideas shown on this blog represent the authors opinion based on the data available.