"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

October 29, 2015

October

I just want to give a quick shout out to everybody who reads the site.  Hopefully you and yours are well!  After months of consistent posting, I went relatively dark sort of randomly.  I'm still here and want to share an update of my month, if you care.

September was really rolling here as I had one of my best trading months ever and the content on this site and my StockTwits feed was very good as far as I could tell.  Everything was going GREAT.

However, pretty early in October I just got completely burned out and hit a brick wall of exhaustion.  I just needed some time to unplug and relax.  So I planned some down time around Stocktoberfest.

Since then, some unforeseen circumstances have popped up and have really disrupted my focus.  It's been a HUGE challenge to provide useful commentary, so I just haven't as I try to get my mind right.


Stocktoberfest

 I decided to go to Stocktoberfest, an incredible fin tech / venture capital / markets conference held by the Howard Lindzon and the Social Leverage crew.  If you want networking event where you learn a TON about the different aspects of the investing world that is basically a vacation - Stocktoberfest is for you.

The conference was held at the Hotel Del Coronado in Coronado, California.  The Hotel Del is just incredible and is located on the ocean.  It's hard to beat that combo.



The great thing about Stocktoberfest was getting to know some of the folks you chat with online, but have never met.

Brett Steenbarger stole the show with an amazing presentation debunking myth after myth about trading performance.  That said, there was amazing discussion going on for two days straight.


Challenges 

They say after a run of success it's only human nature to get conservative.  I tried to fight that, but apparently did so poorly as it only manifested itself as greed.  Maybe feeling the exhaustion was my way of being conservative, as I've pushed myself beyond the limit for quite some time now.

There is plenty to learn in this psychological aspect of trading.  For whatever reason, it's rarely talked about.

After unplugging, I've found it extremely difficult to plug back in and find that high level of focus.  From what I can surmise, it's a product of poor planning as well as not understanding the attitude and thought processes that put you in position for success.

Onward and Upward 

That said, November is coming and a new month is upon us.  I'm looking forward to getting back on the grind all winter with the NEW subscription only Rotation Report coming soon.  All I ask is your email as I try to measure my audience.  If interested, be sure to sign up on the right --->

Again, thanks for reading and all the great conversation!  We're all in this together to get better.  Let's have a great rest of the year!

No comments:

Reminder:

All ideas shown on this blog represent the authors opinion based on the data available.