"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

June 01, 2015

27

Today I turn 27.  What the fuck.  I swear I just got out of college, but it's been years.  Time flies.

I've always had a fucked up perspective on age.  My dad was diagnosed with multiple late stage cancers when he was 32.  He died when he was 33.  I was 3.

For whatever reason, I've always had a countdown clock in my head.  It's always been do what you want to do before 30.  There's always been an urgency to just do what I want to do, because tomorrow isn't promised to anybody.  I've also always had a 'what do you have to lose mentality'.  Oddly, I think it's been a good thing.

That 'go for it, what have you got to lose?' mentality got me into markets at 20 and pushed me to stick with it.  That 'countdown clock' gives me an endless sense of urgency to learn as much about the world, human nature, and myself as fast as possible.  It's pushed me into the gym and to stick with it.  I go 6 times a week and you better believe that helps the brain.  The mental benefits are immeasurable.

Living with a sense of fear and urgency has been an incredible advantage.  There's something to it.  I imagine it only works if the fear is real.

Anyways...I look forward to a blockbuster year here!  Stay tuned, there is lots of good stuff coming down the pipe this week.

Trade 'em well!

No comments:

Reminder:

All ideas shown on this blog represent the authors opinion based on the data available.