"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

November 25, 2015

Detroit Stocktwits Meetup ideas

I just wanted to quickly touch on a couple of ideas discussed at the Detroit StockTwits meetup last night.

This chart from JC Parets has had my attention all week in GPRO.  I asked if anybody liked Go Pro down here - crickets.  The conversation immediately moved to AMBA.  That's the type of dis-interest that I like in my long ideas.




We also talked about Twitter.  This is a pretty solid floor that has developed around the IPO price.  Remember how twitter hearts caused outrage for like a day?  Well, that negative sentiment still hangs in the air.  Let's not lie to ourselves, it hasn't affected our twitter usage one bit.  Also, since the stock is doing nothing, people are becoming disinterested.  Again, this is an interesting combination that seems like it could lead to a good trade.



While talking about TWTR, I brought up China's twitter counterpart Weibo.  Shares have had a great run of late.  Maybe it's a cultural thing, maybe it's a management thing, but WB is acting pretty well.



I wish I had time to share more, but holiday travel awaits!  Have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Reminder:

All ideas shown on this blog represent the authors opinion based on the data available.