"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

November 15, 2015

On my mind

The defense sector is interesting across the board for long buy points.

I'm just guessing Gold gaps up Monday.  If I had to speculate on a gold miner at this point, I like the action in Newmont Mining (NEM).  I'd consider it a low risk - high reward - lowish probability idea.

Many Consumer Staples charts are looking good.  Outside of defense, this is seemingly the most interesting sector right now on the long side.

Leading global brands like Starbucks, McDonalds, Disney etc are the healthiest in the consumer discretionary space.  Is that just another sign money has flown into the mega caps?  I think so.

I'm not convinced it's a good idea to short biotech stocks.  The price action isn't the best, but the group isn't tied to the very questionable global economy.

So many growth stocks are trading like they are under significant distribution.  This is a concern until bases show up.

The gobs of bases and bottoms formed at the October lows led to corrective rallies within downtrends.  Many are already making new lows.

This week is going to be a helluva ride!  You don't have to be smart, just don't be stupid.

No comments:

Reminder:

All ideas shown on this blog represent the authors opinion based on the data available.