"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

February 21, 2014

Position Update

It's been way too long since I updated this!  The green boxes are new positions since the last update while the yellow were closed out.  I've included the current/final size of each position as well as the current or final gain/loss.  Details and analysis below




I struggled with CLDX and after it lost a mini base formed at 25 I just let it go.  As you can see the second buy ended up burying me and this is way higher now.



FEYE ripped hard over the high at 75 and immediately reversed.  I was slow to react because I wanted to 'give it time', but it dropped like an anvil on the Dow down 300 day so I cut it.  You can see that wasn't the best move.



I also danced around in UPL cutting it once at 23.60 and re-adding a day later 24.15.  You can see it's in the thick of heavy resistance from the 2008 highs.



After the Dow down 300 day I noticed the super RS in HZNP and chose to give it a shot versus 9.50.  It's been steady and thus far nobody is selling it.


I chose to re-add VIMC vs 2.70 as it formed a nice mini base with a good risk reward.   I don't like how it popped and gave it all up, but the long term technical tailwinds are definitely still worth playing IMO.



Check out last week's post on IRBT for more information on it.  People are going to keep trying to fade this thing for various reasons(their main product is a vacuum cleaner, management constantly disappoint) and that'll help support the stock's advance.  This has $100 potential.  Stop is on a close under 39.



Numerex hasn't performed as we'd like, but it's holding over the 2013 highs.  The stop is under 13.


MTW is on cruise control.  The first level on the upside i'm watching is 33.  My trailing stop is 15% off the high.



If you want a live play by play, all of these trades are announced on my stocktwits account.

As you can see, I still have some room for new positions.  Check back as this weekend we'll look into some candidates!

Reminder:

All ideas shown on this blog represent the authors opinion based on the data available.