"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

July 21, 2015

Thinking straight

Over the weekend I had some relationship issues pop up. (involving me acting like a moron).  It bothered me all of Sunday and when it came time to actually make trading decisions Monday, I had brain drain.  It was an easy decision to just not make any decisions.  I studied up, wrote and charted before resolving what was bothering me last night.  Today, it's all gravy.

When things outside of markets are bothering you, you've got to treat it just like a losing stock.  Lose it, squash it, resolve it, whatever.  It doesn't matter if it takes days, weeks or months.

Being 'in a funk' will undoubtedly be a detriment to your performance, because you're not thinking clearly.

Markets exploit innate human weaknesses every minute of every day.  Do you really want to be more vulnerable to it?  Do you really want to make money trading?  Not everybody can say they don't want to make decisions today.  Use it to your advantage.

As the kids say - Keep it 100

No comments:

Reminder:

All ideas shown on this blog represent the authors opinion based on the data available.